Camden to host 17th annual South Arkansas Kennel Club Dog Show
‘ Hero The SuperCollie’ set to perform at Feb. 27- 28 event
firstname.lastname@example.org Do you have a pedigreed pooch? If so, you might want to make plans to head south later this month when Camden plays host to the 17th annual South Arkansas Kennel Club Dog Shows and Obedience Trials Rally.
The big event will take place Feb, 27-28, at the Highland Airport facilities (former General Dynamics building), 204 Ouachita 212 (Veterans Road), in Camden.
“This is our 17th year of dog shows. Last year's shows had dogs from 42 states and three other countries,” said Darleen Wheelington from the South Arkansas Kennel Club. “We expect this year’s shows to be a success again.” Washington said the event will also feature a celebrity canine.
“Hero the SuperCollie will be at our shows,” she said. “Hero and his owner Sara Carson have appeared on the David Letterman show and are in great demand. We are so excited to have this duo performing at our dog shows.”
A few notes about the South Arkansas Kennel Club Dog Shows and Obedience Trials Rally:
• Show Hours: Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Each day individual breeds begin showing at 9:00 a.m.
groups begin at approximately 12:30 to 1 p.m.
Sunday shows will begin at 8 a.m.
• The public is encouraged to come out and see some of the most beautiful and smartest dogs in the country.
• Please bring your lawn chair.
• Sorry NO un-entered dogs allowed per AKC rules.
• On Saturday Feb. 27, “Hero The SuperCollie” will perform, Hero is a trick dog and has been featured on “The David Letterman Show” and is traveling the country with some very amazing tricks.
• Vendors from around the country will be there with lots of cool stuff.
• Remember to watch Westminster Dog shows on Monday and Tuesday nights Feb. 15-16, on CNBC Monday night and USA Network on Tuesday night. Several of those dogs will be headed to Camden.
• Admission for the dog shows is $5 for adults, $1 for children 6-12 years old, $1 for senior citizens, and children under 6 get in free.
• For more info contact Darleen Wheelington, 870836-7297, or visit www.arkansasdogs.com to see the judging schedule for the time different breeds show. Judging schedule will be online by Feb. 15.
From South Arkansas Kennel Club