The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and govern-mental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735- 1020 or by e- mail news@ theevening-times. com. Always include contact information.
– at Wonder Elementary School is open to the public for viewing from 3 to 4 p.m. in the Parent Center. The museum will be available until Friday, March 11th. Please come out and see the contributions African Americans have made to our society. Leeman Brown is the Principal.
• West Memphis Metropolitan Planning Organization – Soliciting public comments concerning the long range transportation plan. Please contact the MPO at 796 W. Broadway, West Memphis, 72301. If you have comments or questions call, fax or e-mail at 870-735-8148; Fax 870-735-8158; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• First Annual Ascent Community Fair – Cancelled Saturday afternoon due to weather at New Hope Baptist Church in Lakeshore Estates, 377 Estates Drive, Marion.
• Do You Want To Become a Medical Professional? – If you want to become a medical doctor, nurse, physician assistant, pharmacist or member of the medical profession join the doctors at Wonder City Boys & Girls Club, 412 S. 25th St., West Memphis Saturday, March 12 at 11 a.m. Sponsored by the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. Parents are welcome to come.
• Tommy Goldsby Wild Game Dinner & Auction – Saturday, March 12, 6:30 p.m. at the Shop at Mark Pirani Farms, Marion. Benefiting the Thomas B. Goldsby, Jr. Memorial Scholarship for currently enrolled students at Arkansas State University Mid-South.
• Crittenden County Landlords Association Meeting – Thursday, March 17, at 6:30 p.m. in the Holiday Plaza Party Room. Guest will be State Rep. Milton Nicks and Landlord Lobbyist Brent Stevenson.
• Water Collection Drive – The West Memphis Area Alumnae Chapter (WMAAC) of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is collaborating with Conscious Minds Entertainment who is sponsoring a water collection drive to help support the Flint Michigan Water Crisis Thursday, March 17 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Good Lyfe, 1014 E. Broadway, West Memphis.
• Steudlein Learning Center 4th Annual Fish Fry – Friday, March 18, 5 to 7 p.m. Drive-Thru Only. 1600 Avondale Circle, West Memphis. $12 includes fish, French fries, hushpuppies, slaw and homemade dessert. To purchase tickets call 7339950. Must present ticket. Proceeds to benefit Steudlein students.
• Annual Robert Stewart Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, March 19 at the Crittenden County Girls and Boys Club, Worthington Park, West Memphis. For all children ages 1 to 10 years old. Anyone wishing to participate in this years hunt, contact Pam Coulter at the Evening Times, 870-735-1010.
• LEPC Meetings – 4th Tuesday of each month at 10:30 a.m. at the Comfort Inns and Suites.
• The Black History Museum