The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735- 1020 or by e- mail news@ theeveningtimes. com. Always include contact information.
• Crittenden Youth Theatre “Annie, Jr.” – Friday, Nov. 17 and Saturday Nov. 18 at 7 p.m. ($12 adults /$6 children 12 and under) at the Academies of West Memphis Performing Arts Center. You can purchase at the door or online at www.deltaarts.org.
– Saturday, Nov. 18 at the First Baptist Church, West Memphis from 8 to 10 a.m. Pancake breakfast $10 children, $5 adults. Make reindeer food, decorate and deliver a personal letter to Santa, have your picture made with Santa and receive a personal letter in the mail from Santa Claus (with your photo inside). All proceeds benefit Steudlein Learning Center. For advance tickets call 870-733-9950.
• West Memphis Church of God Annual Winter Bazaar,
311 W. Bond, West Memphis: Saturday, Nov. 18 beginning at 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. in the gym. Famous Bake Sale, traditional Tea Room. Selling and serving breakfast from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Pictures with Santa from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Also outside vendors with homemade crafts, Avon, Pink Zebra products, jewelry, Designed T-shirts, childrens books and more.
• Saving Our Sons – Saturday, Nov. 18 from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at ASU Mid-South, Magruder Hall, Room 108 presented by West Memphis Area Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. inviting all males, ages 16 and older. Get information on how to prevent crime in your neighborhood and learn how to get your criminal record expunged. Are you looking for a job? Local employers will be present to provide job opportunities. For more information, contact Constance Brown, Chair at email@example.com Door prizes will be given.
• Boys Night Out – Eugene Lodge presents Boys Night Out Saturday, Nov. 18 at 4 p.m. at Mt. Pilgrim MB Church, Earle. Open to all young men. Keynote speaker Chief George Blair. Mentoring, Guidance Open Forum for young men and free food. For a ride call Bro. Nemi Matthews at 870-636-0310 or Bro. Authur Berry at 870-6368022.
• Thanksgiving Feast – Martha Harmony and Twist OES#389 Arkansas Jurisdiction will be hosting a Thanksgiving Feast Saturday, Nov. 18 beginning at 11:30 a.m. at Step of Faith Church, 208 S. 8th St., West Memphis. There is no charge.
• Main Street West Memphis Holiday Arts Pop-Up Shop – Opening reception Monday,
Nov. 20 from 5 to 7 p.m. at 113 E. Broadway (Wonder City Building). Regular hours Thursdays & Fridays 9:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Saturdays 9:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. For more information call 870735-8814 or e-mail dbernathy@ broadwaywestmemphis. com .
• NAACPMeeting – Monday, Nov. 20 at 6 p.m. at 812 E. Broadway. Refreshments will be served.
• Turkey Giveaway – Restoration Life Church, 166 Pine St., Marion. 100 Turkeys plus sides – first come, first served – Monday, Nov. 20 at 7 p.m.
• Christmas Tree Lighting – Tuesday, Nov. 21 at Worthington Park at 6 p.m. Children are invited to sing carols on the stage. Photos with Santa by WTR Photography.
• Marion Thanksgiving Holiday Sanitation Schedule
– No pick up on Thursday,
Nov. 23 or Friday, Nov. 24. Sanitation pick up doubles on Monday and Tuesday and resumes regular schedule the rest of the week.
• West Memphis Thanksgiving Sanitation Schedule – Thanksgiving holiday falls on Thursday, Nov. 23 & Friday, Nov. 24. Garbage service will be changed that week as follows: Monday, Nov. 20 & Tuesday Nov. 21 customers will be serviced on Monday, Nov. 20. Wednesday, Nov. 22 & Thursday, Nov. 23 customers will be serviced on Tuesday, Nov. 21. Friday, Nov. 22 customers will be serviced on Wednesday, Nov. 22. No service on Thursday, Nov. 23 and Friday, Nov. 24.
• Crittenden County Museum Christmas Open House & 30th Anniversary – Sunday, Nov. 26 from 2 to 4 p.m. at 1112 Main Street, Earle. Join us to tour the museum, enjoy Christmas music, join in caroling, taste holiday refreshments provided by our lovely Red Hat Ladies & celebrate our 30th Christmas as your Crittenden County Museum.
• Marion Christmas on the Square – Thursday, Nov. 30,
from 6 to 8 p.m. on the Courthouse Square. Community Christmas celebration with a tree lighting, craft booths, music, food and an appearance by Santa Claus. No admission fee. Vendor booth space available. Contact the Marion Chamber at 870739-6041 or visit www.marionarchamber. org for more information.
• Earle Christmas Tree Lighting & Parade – Parade Saturday, Dec. 2 at 2 p.m. Christmas tree lighting at 5 p.m. All attendees will get a ticket for a chance at a cash prize of $100. Also pictures with Santa.
• Marion Annual Christmas Parade – Thursday, Dec. 7, at 6:30 p.m. Rain date Tuesday, Dec. 12th. Parade line-up starts at 4:30 p.m. in the Marion Shopping Center parking lot. Parade starts on Block St. to Military Rd. and ends at Hwy. 77. No charge to enter the parade. Contact the Marion Chamber at 870-7396041 or visit www.marionarchamber. org for more information.
• West Memphis Christian School Annual Auction – Saturday, Dec. 7, at the school beginning at 6 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the school office or online at https://squareup.com/store/we st-memphis-christian.
• YMCA of Memphis and the Mid-South Sponsor USDA Food Program – at the YMCA Avondale Elementary After School Care, 1402 Crestmere St., West Memphis, YMCA Marion Elementary After School Care, 133 E. Military Rd., Marion and YMCA Marion Intermediate After School Care, 100 L. H. Polk Dr., Marion.
• Good Neighbor Love Center Winter Charity Gala
– An Evening of Elegance Saturday, Dec. 9, from 7 p.m. until 12 a.m. at the Starting Gate Event Center at Southland Park Gaming and Racing. Sponsorship levels: Bronze $250 (reserved table of ten, name listed on program and podium recognition at event), Silver $300 (reserved table of ten, name listed on program, ten complimentary drink tickets and podium recognition at event), and Gold $500 (VIP reserved table of ten, name listed on banner and program, two bottles of wine and podium recognition at event). Featuring music by the PC Band. Sponsorship contacts: Catherine Wallace chairperson 870-733-2626, Anita Bell-Co-chairperson 870-636-9000, Tracy Catt president 870-514-0586 or Kay Kay Davis 901-570-6116.
• 18th Annual Edmondson and Surrounding Area Christmas Dinner Toys for Tots and Bike Drawing – Saturday, Dec. 16 at 1 p.m. sponsored by New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church to be held at West Memphis Learning Center (Old Wedlock School cafeteria, 201 S. B. J. Taylor St., Edmondson). To make donations call Pastor Jerry Faggett at 870-551-1540 or Jeannie Coleman at 870-514-9860.
• Marion Christmas Sanitation Schedule – No sanitation service on Monday, Dec. 25 or Tuesday, Dec. 26. Pick up doubles up on Wednesday and Thursday and resumes regular schedule on Friday.
• Marion News Years Sanitation Schedule – No service on Monday, Jan 1. Pick up doubles on Tuesday and regular schedule from Wednesday forward.
Breakfast With Santa