The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735- 1020 or by e- mail news@ theeveningtimes. com. Always include contact information.
• Crittenden County Election Commission Meeting – Friday, Feb. 2, beginning at 12 p.m. at 116 Center St., Marion. Open to the public.
• Earle School District Parent Teacher Conferences
– Monday, Feb. 5 on each respective campus. The time is 2 to 6 p.m. Asking all stakeholders of the children of Earle School District please come and pick up the interim progress report card and speak with your child’s teacher for improvement, maintenance or advance concepts.
• Earle School District Title I Meeting – The Earle School District is encouraging all stakeholders of the children of the Earle School District to attend this public meeting on Title I Programs on Tuesday, Feb. 6 at 5:30 p.m. in the Parent Center/Superintendent’s Office at 1401 Third Street, Earle.
– Citizens Advisory Committee meeting Tuesday, Feb. 6 at 10 a.m.
held at the West Memphis City Hall, 205 S. Redding, West Memphis. The public is invited to attend. Joint MPO Policy and Technical Coordinating Committees meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 13 at 10 a.m.
held at the West Memphis Civic Center, East Room, 212 W. Polk Ave., West Memphis.
The public is invited to attend.
For additional information contact the MPO at 870-7358148 or email@example.com or visit the web site at wmats.org.
• 45th Annual Knights of Columbus Oyster Supper – Wednesday, Feb. 7 from 4:30 to 8 p.m. at the V.F.W. Post 5225, South Avalon, West Memphis. Tickets $35 per person. Sponsors include: Fidelity National Bank, First Community Bank of Eastern Arkansas, Foster Plumbing Co., Arkansas Distributing Co., Riceland Foods, Helena Chemical Co., Monsanto, and True Value. For tickets call Tom Meyers at 901-849-6133.
• United Auto Workers Retirees Meeting – Thursday, Feb. 8 at 11:30 a.m. at the Grecian Steak House, 210 Airport Rd., Paragould.
• West Memphis Chamber of Commerce Banquet – Thursday, Feb. 22.
• DeltaARTS Auditions – “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” Performances are Friday, March 2 at 12:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. and on Saturday, March 3 at 7 p.m. at the Marion Performing Arts Center.
• Agape Bible Class – Through April. Registration is allowed throughout the course. Courses for this semester are The Doctrine of God According to the Old Testament and New Testament Church and It’s Ministries. Classes every Tuesday night from 6 to 8 p.m. Registration fee is $50 and tuition is $400 a semester taught by Dr. James Morganfield Jr. at the Second St. John MB Church, 305 Ingram Blvd., West Memphis. For more information contact Dr. James Morganfield Jr. at 901-229-7748 or Martha Raybon at 870-400-7763.
• Second Annual “Marion Countryside Ride” – Saturday, April 7. Time and details to be announced.
• Bible Study Fellowship – In-depth, inter-denominational Bible study with the study of Paul’s letter to the Romans. Meetings are at Marion United Methodist Church, 81 Military Road, Marion on Thursday evenings at 6:20 p.m. and there are groups for both men and women. Runs through
May, 2018. Join in at any time. For more information call Pat Nave at 901-288-9716 or Paul Nave at 901-2871343.
• After School Meals Program – Wonder City, 412 S. 25th Street is providing a free at-risk after school program from 2:30 until 6 p.m. As an enhancement to our afterschool program, we will also participate in the CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program), which provides snacks and meals to all children ages 5-18, regardless of race, sex, or disability. Snack Time (3:30 p.m.) and Meal Time (5 p.m.). If more information is needed, please call 870-735-7592. Other program and feeding location will be Academies of West Memphis 501 West Broadway
• Total Deliverance Food Program – Supper served Monday-Friday after school at 3:15/snacks 4:15-5 p.m. Saturdays and days of no school from 12 noon-1:15 p.m. at 400 Commerce St., Earle. New Bethel MB Church, 11 Swindle Rd., Earle Supper will be served every Wednesday from 7 p.m./snack at 7:45-8:15 p.m. Lion of the Tribe of Judah, 105 Sneed St., Marked Tree Supper will be served from 7:45 p.m./snack at 8:30-9:30 p.m. Every Sunday from 12 p.m./ snack 1:15 p.m.
• Families in Transition – provides support groups for victims of domestic violence as well as teen dating violence. We also provide 'Safe Dates' Adolescent Dating Abuse Prevention Curriculum to schools, youth groups and any organization focusing on youth ages 12 and up. If you are interested in attending a support group or participating in 'Safe Dates', please contact Nyya Denson at 870-7324077. All services are provided free of charge through State and Federal funding.
• All Former St. John AME Family Members – We are going to celebrate 100 years in 2018. Please contact Blessing Thru Faith, 5169 College/Waverly R., Proctor. Wanting all the pictures and history you can help us with for the museum. Call 870735-5077 or 870-732-1213 and please leave a message. Pastors L. B. Hodges
• Child and Adult Care Food Program – The 15th Street Child Care Development Center is participating in the Child and Adult Food Program. This will provide meals to all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals are provided at 130 South 14th Street in West Memphis. The program will provide breakfast, lunch and a p.m. snack, Monday-Friday.
• Woolfolk Public Library Story Hour – Come enjoy stories, crafts and a snack at the library, 100 N. Currie St., Marion every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
• Al-Anon & Alateen meetings – Mondays at 8 p.m. and Wednesdays at 8 p.m. at 1233 Park Drive, West Memphis. Call 870-635-9155. Go to www.ar.al-anon.alateen.org.
• Edmondson Councilmembers Meeting – Meeting permanently changed to 9 a.m. every 2nd Monday of the month.
• Hughes High School 1972 Class Reunion – The Hughes High School Class of 1972 is planning their 46th class reunion for the Memorial Day weekend in 2018. Planning meetings are being held the third Saturday of each month at the Anthonyville MB Church, 1961 Hwy. 147 S., Proctor. All class members are asked to attend. For further information on these meetings and the reunion please contact Claudette D. Dubois at 870792-7648.
• MPO Meetings