The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735- 1020 or by e- mail news@ theeveningtimes. com. Always include contact information.
– Mondays at 7 p.m. at 150 Legion Rd. across from the speedway race track. If we have 35 people we will pay $100 per game. We will play old program. Early bird starts at 6:45. Call 870-735-8803 after 4 p.m.
• Kindergarten Counts – Current kindergarten parents and future kindergarten parents register for the 2018-2019 school year Thursday, April 26 at 6 p.m. at Faulk Elementary, 9087 Vanderbilt Ave., West Memphis. RSVP call 870735-5252. Understand kindergarten curriculum, be informed. Door prizes and free food. Free transportation for Hughes and Proctor students (RSVP).
• Priscilla Shirer Simulcast at Victory Church – April 28, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (doors open at 7 a.m.), special worship service featuring Anthony Evans. Free ladies ministry event, for ages 12 and up. Lunch will be provided. Register now online at victorywired.com.
• Let’s Clean Up Earle Day – Sponsored by the Mid-South Camaro Club Saturday, April 28 at 8 a.m. and ending at 11 a.m. with a family picnic at the square (Commerce and 2nd Street). Games and prizes awarded to the children in attendance. Please volunteer your time, energy and show our love for our city on this special day. Free food, prizes and fun. To volunteer call the Earle Police Department at 870-792-8900 or Al Elberson EPD at 870-362-0475. The only cost for this family day is your time, a trash bag and your appetite.
• Caring for Claire Concert in the Park – Saturday, April 28th 5 to 9 p.m. in Worthington Park by the Boys and Girls Club. All proceeds go to Claire Winders Benefit Fund. Food and Entertainment Available. Visit Caring for Claire fund on Facebook.
• “Empowering Our Community For Success Through Education” – Word on the Move Ministries, Inc., West Memphis. Free event Saturday, April 28 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the corner of 26th Street and Broadway. Fun, food, books, games, entertainment and free health screenings. For more information call Apostle Adam Davis, pastor/founder at 870-3944792.
• Crittenden County Election Commission Testing – Performing L& A testing on Monday, April 30 between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. at the County Office Building on 116 Center St., Marion. The public is invited to observe.
• MPO Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting – Tuesday, May 1 at 10 a.m. at the West Memphis City Hall, 205 S. Redding. The public is invited to attend. Joint MPO Policy and Technical Coordinating Committees meeting on Tuesday May 8 at 10 a.m. at the West Memphis City Hall, 205 S. Redding. The public is invited. If you have any comments or would like additional information contact the MPO at 870-7358148 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at wmats.org
• Crittenden County Election Commission Meeting – Thursday, May 3 at 12 p.m. at the County Office Building, 116 Center St., Marion. The public is invited to attend.
• St. Michaels Catholic School Fish Fry – Friday, May 4, 5 to 7 p.m. (dine in or carry out). Tickets are $10 and available from any St. Michael student or from the school office. 870-735-1730.
• Blues on Broadway – Sponsored by Southland Park & Gaming, Regions Bank and Main Street West Memphis at Regions Plaza Tuesday, May 8 from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Free lunch and live music. Celebrating Arkansas Heritage Month and Tourism Week. Deborah Anthony 870-7358814.
• 2018 Esperanza Bonanza Carnival Schedule – Wednesday, May 9 Opening Night! 4 p.m. to close. Thursday, Friday, 4 p.m. to close. Saturday May 12, 1 p.m. to close. Wristbands $20. Wristband price is for the carnival only and does not include admission into the Esperanza Bonanza festival ($3 Wednesday, $5 Thursday, $8 Friday, $10 Saturday.)
• Marion Chamber of Commerce Quarterly Luncheon – Thursday, May 10 in the Marion Performing Arts Center Lobby at noon. Speaker is Dr. Louis Intres, Sultana Museum Development Director. Dr. Intres will discuss the economic impact of the Sultana Disaster on Marion and the funding sources for the museum. Lunch catered by Shake Shack food truck, $12 per person. Contact Tracy Brick, 870739-6041 or www.tracy.brick@marionarkansas. org for reservations.
• 2018 Esperanza Bonanza Golf Tournament – 12 noon on Friday, May 11 at the Marion Golf & Athletic Club. Entry fee is $65 per player and includes green fees, cart rental, two mulligan tickets, refreshments, great prizes and entry into the hospitality area at the festival site following the tournament. To compete go to their website and download the entry form. www.esperanzabonanza.org
• 2018 Esperanza Bonanza Festival Rodeo – Friday, May 11 and Saturday, May 12 at 7:30 nightly to be held at the Marion Athletic Complex. ACA, IPRA and WPRA sanctioned. Events include Bareback Bronc Riding, Bull Riding, Calf Roping, Cowgirl’s Barrel Racing, Steer Wrestling and Team Roping.
• ‘ All Our Children’ meals through May 29th – Providing services which include a meal and a snack. Places of service are: The Children’s Place, 426 S. 14th St., West Memphis from 3 to 5 p.m.; Mt. Calvary MB Church, 2101 E. Jackson Ave., West Memphis 3 to 5 p.m.; and L. R. Jackson Girls Club, 405 S. 25th St., West Memphis from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Program services children ages 5 through 18 years of and people up to 21 years of age that are participating in a State education for the mentally or physically disabled.
• Woolfolk Public Library Story Hour – Come enjoy stories, crafts and a snack at the library, 100 N. Currie St., Marion every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
• Al-Anon & Alateen meetings – Mondays at 8 p.m. and Wednesdays at 8 p.m. at 1233 Park Drive, West Memphis. Call 870-635-9155. Go to www.ar.al-anon.alateen.org.
• Edmondson Councilmembers Meeting – Meeting permanently changed to 9 a.m. every 2nd Monday of the month.√
• Fish Fry the Last Friday in each month – VFW Post 5225, 406 S. Avalon, West Memphis. Eat in or carry out.
• American Legion Post 53 – Fish fry 1st Friday of every month. Food served from 5-8 p.m. Karaoke every Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m. Bingo Monday’s at 7 p.m., 150 Legion Road. 735-8803.
American Legion Charity Bingo