The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735- 1020 or by e- mail news@ theeveningtimes. com. Always include contact information.
• Workforce Development Board of Eastern Arkansas Meeting – Friday, June 8 WDBEA CEO Meeting 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Workforce Center Conference Room, Forrest City.
– Saturday, June 9 from 4 to 11 p.m. at Tilden Rodgers Park. “The Magic of Relay – Dream It, Hope It, Cure It.” www. RelayForLife.org/CrittendenA R
• Lakeshore Association Improvement Group Meeting – Saturday, June 9 at 2 p.m. To discuss your concerns of this community and have representatives from government agencies to help answer questions. At the park located on Estate Drive next to Hope Church and old basketball court.
• First Missionary Baptist Church VBS – Come join the God Squad Church Unit of Special Agents at VBS Monday, June 11 through Friday, June 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. at 434 S. 12th St., West Memphis. Classes from preschool age to adults.
• Delta Market – Every Saturday through September 1 at ASU Mid-South (North side of Broadway) from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Local fruits and vegetables, specialty and prepared foods, arts and crafts and food trucks.
• Hope House Ministries – The next Hope House/Memphis Food Bank food distribution is Friday, June 15. Call (870) 732-4902.
• The West Memphis School District will destroy 20122013 special education records – For students who were dismissed from special education or graduated during the 2012-2013 school year. The student or custodial parents interested in picking up records will need to contact Dr. Paula Rose-Greer, Special Education Director at (870) 732-8555 before June 30th. Records may be picked up at 410 West Tyler Suite B from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Proof of identity is required.
• Rockin’ at the Woolfolk Library – Summer Reading Program at Woolfolk Library, 100 N. Currie St., Marion. The Kick-Off Party is Tuesday, June 12 at 10 a.m. Marshall Mitchell will be show-casing his “Cowboy Music for Kids.” Thursday, June 14 at 10 a.m. magician, Magic Mr. Nick. Sign up for Read for Rewards Program. All information will be found on Facebook page, website page and instagram page for Woolfolk Library.
• ‘ Last Round-Up of the Guacamole Queens’ – presented by Little Theatre of Crittenden County Friday, June 15 and Saturday, June 16 at 8 p.m. with a matinee on Sunday, June 17 at 2 p.m. All three performances will be held in the St. Michael’s Catholic School cafeteria, 405 N. Missouri St., in West Memphis. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students (with valid ID) and seniors. Tickets can be purchased at the door. For additional information call 870-733-0943.
• The XI Rho Chapter of Omega Psi Phi 1st Annual Barbecue Contest – Saturday, June 16 at Tilden Rodgers Park starting at 7 a.m. Entry fee is $125 and the deadline is June 9. Money prizes will be given to overall champion. All proceeds will benefit the XI Rho scholarship fund which is given to three to five students every year in the Crittenden County area. For more information contact Kedius Shelby at 901-5730834 or Kenneth Hightower at 901-734-2099.
• Boys & Girls Club Summer Program – Sponsored by City of Marion Parks & Recreation through Friday, Aug. 10 at Brunetti Park from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. $50 per child (some programs and any field trips may carry an additional fee). Lunch and snack provided each day. Call Darin McCollum at 870-735-1658 for more information and to register. Limited number of spots.
• DeltaARTS Crittenden Youth Theatre – “Twain’s Tales.” There will be a special performance on Memorial day weekend for the Memphis Children’s Theatre Festival at Rhodes College in Memphis and on June 12 for ‘Twist & Twain,” DeltaARTS’ Gifted and Talented summer camp. Please call 870-732-6260 for more information.
• J. S. Phelix 80 Year Alumni Reunion – From the Little Red House to J. S. Phelix Alumni Reunion for 1938 to 1970. Reunion will be Friday, June 29 to Sunday, July 1, 2018 at the Clarion Hotel, 2007 S. Service Rd., West Memphis. For more information contact Mary Alice Catha at 901-828-4913 or Gurice Martin at 901-826-2469.
• CYT Summer Conservatory – Registration is now open for DeltaARTS’ Summer Youth Theatre Conservatory. Open to children ages 6 through 18 (incoming high school seniors), the camp will run July 9th through 13th from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day at West Memphis Christian School. Tuition is $200 per student with discounts available. For more information visit www.deltaarts.org. or call 870-732-6260.
Relay for Life of Crittenden County