The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735- 1020 or by e- mail news@ theeveningtimes. com. Always include contact information.
• The West Memphis School District will destroy 20122013 special education records – For students who were dismissed from special education or graduated during the 2012-2013 school year. The student or custodial parents interested in picking up records will need to contact Dr. Paula Rose-Greer, Special Education Director at (870) 732-8555 before June 30th. Records may be picked up at 410 West Tyler Suite B from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Proof of identity is required.
– Through Friday June 22 at 121 S. 15th St., West Memphis from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. Elder Alvin Coleman Jr., pastor.
• Fish Fry – Philadelphia Missionary Baptist Church, 504 N. 32nd St., West Memphis, Youth Department sponsoring a Fish Fry Saturday, June 23 at 11 a.m. $8 per plate, consists of spaghetti, catfish, Cole slaw, assorted cakes, drinks and bread. Will deliver. To place an order contact Nicole Reed at 870-514-6734, Patricia Moore at 870-225-9866 or Pastor Stinnett at 870-6361078.
• Crittenden County Democratic Central Committee Meeting – Monday, June 25 at 6 p.m. at the Marion Courthouse. All official members who filed during the last election period are encouraged to attend. This meeting will also serve for our County Convention and Delegates to the State Convention to be elected at this meeting.
• National HIV Testing Awareness Day – Wednesday June 27 at the VFW Post 5225, 406 S. Avalon, West Memphis from 5 to 8 p.m. Sponsor Melvin Watson Community Connector, Northeast Arkansas 870-7026614. In partnership with Arkansas Department of Health Arcare, Crittenden County Health Department. Confidential Rapid Testing w/free gift provided, information tables and food.
• First Baptist Church in Earle VBS – Monday, June 25 through Friday, June 29 from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. Breakfast will be served from 8:30 until 9 a.m. with classes starting at 9 a.m. Lunch will be served at 11:30. Bishop Otis Davis and First Lady Margaret Davis are host co-pastors. Everyone is invited to attend.
• City of Earle Public Meeting Invitation – in the City Hall Annex, 1005 2nd St., Earle Thursday, June 28 at 5:30 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is to identify potential outdoor park and recreation needs and priorities to be submitted to the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism for a Fun Park Grant Application.
• Delta Market – Every Saturday through Sept. 1, at ASU Mid-South (North side of Broadway), from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Local fruits and vegetables, specialty and prepared foods, arts and crafts and food trucks.
• Freedom Fest – Friday, June 29 beginning at 5 p.m. at Tilden Rodgers Park. Musical fanfare, vendors and more. Fireworks display at 9 p.m.
• Boys & Girls Club Summer Program – Sponsored by City of Marion Parks & Recreation through Friday, Aug. 10 at Brunetti Park from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. $50 per child (some programs and any field trips may carry an additional fee). Lunch and snack provided each day. Call Darin McCollum at 870-735-1658 for more information and to register. Limited number of spots.
• Wonder City Boys and Girls Club Summer 2018 Food Service Program – Free of charge to all children on a first-come, first-serve basis. West Memphis High School (501 Broadway, West Memphis) Breakfast 8 a.m., Lunch 11 a.m. through June 29; Wonder City Boys & Girls Club (412 S. 25th St., West Memphis) Breakfast 8 a.m., Lunch 11:30 a.m. through July 31; West Memphis High SchoolFootball Team (503 W. Broadway, West Memphis) Breakfast 8 a.m., Lunch 11:30 a.m. through July 31.
• Keep West Memphis Beautiful – 7th Annual “Clean-Up-Blitz Saturday, June 23. Registration begins 8 a.m. at West Memphis City Hall, 205 S. Redding. Volunteers will receive free Tshirts (while quantities last) gloves and trash bags will be provided. Cleanup 8:30 a.m. until 12 noon. Refreshments will be served. For more information call Public Works at 870-732-7671. Lorraine Robinson at 870-635-2315.
• J. S. Phelix 80 Year Alumni Reunion – From the Little Red House to J. S. Phelix Alumni Reunion for 1938 to 1970. Reunion will be Friday, June 29 to Sunday, July 1, 2018 at the Clarion Hotel, 2007 S. Service Rd., West Memphis. For more information contact Mary Alice Catha at 901-828-4913 or Gurice Martin at 901-826-2469.
• CYT Summer Conservatory – Registration is now open for DeltaARTS’ Summer Youth Theatre Conservatory. Open to children ages 6 through 18 (incoming high school seniors), the camp will run July 9th through 13th from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day at West Memphis Christian School. Tuition is $200 per student with discounts available. For more information visit www.deltaarts.org. or call 870-732-6260.
• ‘ All Our Children’ Meal Program – Through Aug. 14, 2018, providing services which include a meal and a snack. Places of service are: The Children’s Place, 426 S. 14th St., West Memphis from 10 to 11 a.m. breakfast, 12 to 1 p.m. lunch.; Mt. Calvary MB Church, 2101 E. Jackson Ave., West Memphis 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. breakfast, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. lunch; and L. R. Jackson Girls Club, 405 S. 25th St., West Memphis from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 breakfast, 12 to 1 p.m. lunch. Program services children ages 5 through 18 years of and people up to 21 years of age that are participating in a State education for the mentally or physically disabled.
• After School Meals Program – Wonder City, 412 S. 25th Street is providing a free at-risk after school program from 2:30 until 6 p.m. As an enhancement to our afterschool program, we will also participate in the CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program), which provides snacks and meals to all children ages 5-18, regardless of race, sex, or disability. Snack Time (3:30 p.m.) and Meal Time (5 p.m.). If more information is needed, please call 870-735-7592. Other program and feeding locations will be Academies of West Memphis, 501 West Broadway
• Purchase Birth & Death Certificates – At Crittenden County Health Unit, Vital Records Department, 901 N. 7th St., West Memphis during office hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Birth Certificate $12 ($10 for each additional copy) and Death Certificates $10 ($8 for each additional copy). You can still purchase certificates at 4815 W. Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72205.
• American Legion Charity Bingo – Mondays at 7 p.m. at 150 Legion Rd. across from the speedway race track. If we have 35 people we will pay $100 per game. We will play old program. Early bird starts at 6:45. Call 870-735-8803 after 4 p.m.
• Total Deliverance Food Program – Supper served Monday-Friday after school at 3:15/snacks 4:15-5 p.m. Saturdays and days of no school from 12 noon-1:15 p.m. at 400 Commerce St., Earle. New Bethel MB Church, 11 Swindle Rd., Earle Supper will be served every Wednesday from 7 p.m./snack at 7:45-8:15 p.m. Lion of the Tribe of Judah, 105 Sneed St., Marked Tree Supper will be served from 7:45 p.m./snack at 8:30-9:30 p.m. Every Sunday from 12 p.m./ snack 1:15 p.m.
• Families in Transition – provides support groups for victims of domestic violence as well as teen dating violence. We also provide 'Safe Dates' Adolescent Dating Abuse Prevention Curriculum to schools, youth groups and any organization focusing on youth ages 12 and up. If you are interested in attending a support group or participating in 'Safe Dates', please contact Nyya Denson at 870-7324077. All services are provided free of charge through State and Federal funding.
15th Street COGIC Vacation Bible School