The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735- 1020 or by e- mail news@ theeveningtimes. com. Always include contact information.
215 N. Missouri St., West Memphis – Vacation Bible School ‘Rolling River Rampage,’ VBS at our east campus at 2303 E. Barton from Sunday, July 15 through Tuesday, July 17 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sign your child up to attend today or register to volunteer by going to our church’s webpage at www.fumcwm.com and click on the VBS logo.
• Trinity In The Fields Anglican Church, 100 E. Military Rd., Marion – Vacation Bible School ‘The Miracles of Jesus’ Monday, July 16 through Sunday, July 19 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for ages 4 through 4th grade. Dinner provided.
• Men In Schools To Encourage Reading – Weaver Elementary, 1280 E. Barton, West Memphis is inviting parents, relatives and community members to provide strong male role models to share the love of reading. Opportunities available 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday to be a MISTER.
• St. Michael’s School Charity Bingo – Tuesdays at 7 p.m.. 405 N. Missouri St., West Memphis. Smoke and alcohol free. All are welcome. Must be 18 to play. 870-7351720.
• CYT Summer Conservatory – Registration is now open for DeltaARTS’ Summer Youth Theatre Conservatory. Open to children ages 6 through 18 (incoming high school seniors), the camp will run through 13th from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day at West Memphis Christian School. Tuition is $200 per student with discounts available. For more information visit www.deltaarts.org. or call 870-732-6260.
• United Auto Workers Retirees Meeting – Thursday, July 12 at 11:30 a.m. at Grecian Steak House, 210
§tto Mktad’s Mmm!
Airport Rd., Paragould. We will have Service Representatives from Delta Dental and Express Scripts at our meeting.
• Wonder City Boys and Girls Club Summer 2018 Food Service Program – Free of charge to all children on a first-come, first-serve basis. Wonder City Boys & Girls Club (412 S. 25th St., West Memphis) Breakfast 8 a.m., Lunch 11:30 a.m. through July 31; West Memphis High School Football Team (503 W. Broadway, West Memphis) Breakfast 8 a.m., Lunch 11:30 a.m. through July 31.
• DeltaARTS – Sign up for Art Classes held Monday July 16-20 at 301 S. Rhodes, West Memphis. Painting and Printmaking with Jessica Stafford for ages 5-12, 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. $100 per student. Mixed media with Courtney Shumock for ages 512, 10:20 a.m. until 12 noon. $100 per student.
• Marion School District Special EducationRecords to be Destroyed – The Marion School District will be destroying special education inactive records from the 2012-2013 school year. Anyone wishing to obtain their records from that year must come by the Special Services office at 230 Pine St., Marion with the proper identification to receive the records. Records will be available July 16-31, 2018. The office is open from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Friday.
• Arkansas Circus Arts – West Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau Thursday, July 19 from 5 to 7 p.m. Free All Ages Event at the West Memphis Civic Auditorium, 228 W. Polk Ave., West Memphis
• City of West Memphis Public Meeting – Thursday, July 19 at 3 p.m. at 205 S. Redding St., West Memphis. The purpose of the meeting is to identify potential outdoor park and recreation needs and priorities to be submitted to the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism for a Matching Grant application. Ethnic minorities, persons with special needs, elderly persons over 55, and special interest groups are encouraged to attend and participate. For those unable to attend the meeting phone 870-732-7610. Written comments may be submitted to City of West Memphis, P.O. Box 1728, West Memphis AR 72301.
• Earle School District Parent Orientation 2018/2019 – July 23 through July 28. Monday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Tuesday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Wednesday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Thursday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and Saturday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
First United Methodist Church,