The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735- 1020 or by e- mail news@ theeveningtimes. com. Always include contact information.
– The Crittenden County Board of Election Commissioners will meet at noon, on Thursday, Aug. 16, at the Election Commission Offices in the Crittenden County Office Building adjacent to the Crittenden County Court House. The public is invited to attend.
• Men In Schools To Encourage Reading – Weaver Elementary, 1280 E. Barton, West Memphis is inviting parents, relatives and community members to provide strong male role models to share the love of reading. Opportunities available 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday to be a MISTER.
• National Health Center Week – Aug. 13-18 at East Arkansas Family Health Center, 900 N. 7th St., West Memphis. Patient Appreciation Day is scheduled for Friday, Aug. 18 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Health screenings and materials, refreshments, door prizes and fitness accessories will be available. For additional details call the center at 870-735-3842.
• Jehovah’s Witnesses Convention – Convention #1 Aug. 17-19 at the Memphis Cook Convention Center. For program times and information contact Russell Reed at 901-494-7305, reedrL89@gmail.com. Convention #2 Aug. 24-26 at the Memphis Cook Convention Center. For information contact Kenneth Webb at 901-491-8254 webbklec@ bellsouth. net. Convention #3 Aug. 31-Sept. 2 at the Cook Convention Center. For more information contact Craig McCampbell at 901-508-8980 mccampbell. email@example.com
• Bethel AME Church Free Meals For All Children – After School at Risk Program beginning Aug. 20, 2018 through Sept. 30, 2019 at the locations listed: Bethel AME Church, 2403 E. Barton Supper (M-F) 3 p.m.; East Jr. High, 1151 Goodwin Supper (M-F) 3:30 p.m. and Snack (M-F) 4:30 p.m.; L.R. Jackson Elementary, 2395 SL Henry St. Supper (M-F) 3 p.m.; Maddux Elementary, 2100 E. Barton Ave. Supper (M-F) 3 p.m.; West Jr. High, 331 W. Barton Ave. Supper (M-F) 3:30 p.m.; West Memphis Housing, 4052 S.L. Henry-Unit 45 Supper (M-F) 3 p.m.; Wonder Elementary, 801 S. 16th St. Supper (M-F) 3 p.m.; and Wonder Jr. High, 1401 Madison Ave. Supper (M-F) 3:30 p.m. and Snack (M-F) 4:30 p.m. Tutoring Resources Available.
• EACH Performance –
§tL MSdhsmsPs & to©©l
Rhone Mislay Saturday, Aug. 25 at 7:30 p.m. Ticket packages available online at www.eacc.edu or by calling 870-633-4480, ext. 352.
• Labor Day Weekend Celebration – On Labor Day weekend several families from the Porter Lake and Horseshoe Lake area will be coming together to celebrate the legacy left by our ancestors. We will be recognizing the contributions and sacrifices made by those who came before us. There will be food, fun, and fellowship for the entire family. If you are a part of that group from Bruins, Buck Bayou, Seyppel, and Pearland, and want to participate, please contact Melvin Davis or Dmandel Young for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• St. Michael’s School Charity Bingo – Tuesdays at 7 p.m. at 405 N. Missouri St., West Memphis. Smoke and alcohol free. All are welcome. Must be 18 to play. 870-7351720.
• Delta Market – Every Saturday through Sept. 1, at ASU Mid-South (North side of Broadway), from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Local fruits and vegetables, specialty and prepared foods, arts and crafts and food trucks.
• West Memphis High School Class of 1978 40th Reunion – Friday, Aug. 31 and Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018. Friday Meet and Greet 7 until 11 p.m. at CG’s Catering, 5499 N. Main, Crawfordsville. Saturday, also at CG’s Catering, 6 to 7 p.m. Cocktail Hour, 7 to 8 p.m. Dinner Hour and 7:30 until 11:30 p.m. The Hired Guns Band will play for dancing. $75 per person if paid by Aug. 18. For more information contact Trish Smith at 870-7324655 or 901-491-8830.
W@§tt MfenmpMs MflgDn
Election Commission Meeting