The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735- 1020 or by e- mail news@ theeveningtimes. com. Always include contact information.
– Sewer customer fee increase: The new rate shall be $30 per month, effective immediately. If any questions contact Edmondson Town Hall at 870-732-9556.
• Ballot Draw – Crittenden County Election Commission will hold the ballot draw for the Nov. 6, 2018, General Election on Aug. 24, 2018, at 12 p.m. in their office at the Crittenden County Office Building. The public is invited to attend.
• EACC Performance – Ronnie Milsap Saturday, Aug. 25 at 7:30 p.m. Ticket packages available online at www.eacc.edu or by calling 870-633-4480, ext. 352.
• Hope House Ministries Donation Drive – Saturday, Aug. 25 starting at 8 a.m. The first 50 people in line will be allowed in and for a $5 donation they will be given a garbage bag and a banana box. The bag can be filled with all the summer clothes you want. For a second bag, we will ask for another $1 donation. The box can be filled with housewares, toys, books, videos, etc. Participants can “shop” for one hour. Others in line at each hour will have their names added to a list and be allowed to be first in line the next hour. Time slots are 8, 9, and 10 a.m.
• Discovery Program at Avondale – Begins Wednesday, Aug. 29 at 6:30 p.m. and runs every Wednesday through the school year. Classes for kindergarten through adults. 1001 Balfour St., West Memphis.
• Labor Day Weekend Celebration – On Labor Day weekend several families from the Porter Lake and Horseshoe Lake area will be coming together to celebrate the legacy left by our ancestors. We will be recognizing the contributions and sacrifices made by those who came before us. There will be food, fun, and fellowship for the entire family. If you are a part of that group from Bruins, Buck Bayou, Seyppel, and Pearland, and want to participate, please contact Melvin Davis or Dmandel Young for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• St. Michael’s School Charity Bingo – Tuesdays at 7 p.m. at 405 N. Missouri St., West Memphis. Smoke and alcohol free. All are welcome. Must be 18 to play. 870-7351720.
• West Memphis High School Class of 1978 40th Reunion – Friday, Aug. 31 and Saturday, Sept. 1, 2018. Friday Meet and Greet 7 until 11 p.m. at CG’s Catering, 5499 N. Main, Crawfordsville. Saturday, also at CG’s Catering, 6 to 7 p.m. Cocktail Hour, 7 to 8 p.m. Dinner Hour and 7:30 until 11:30 p.m. The Hired Guns Band will play for dancing. $75 per person if paid by Aug. 18. For more information contact
§io MüdhædPs ¡§dh©®H
Trish Smith at 870-732- 4655 or 901-491-8830.
• The Wonder High School Class of 1968 Reunion – will celebrate their 50th Class Reunion Thursday Aug. 30th through Sunday Sept. 2, 2018. For information call Carol Gage at 269-906-1743, Margaree Lyles at 269-6374409 or Milton at 909-5697048.
• Delta Market – Every Saturday through Sept. 1, at ASU Mid-South (North side
AÁHIP Dovers S of Broadway), from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Local fruits and vegetables, specialty and prepared foods, arts and crafts and food trucks.
• AARP Drivers Safety Course – Tuesday Sept. 4th, from 12 to 4 p.m., to be held at East Ark Family Health Center, 900 N 7th St. West Memphis. This class is open to everyone, NO TEST, with completion, you file with your Insurance company for a 3 year discount. Cost is AARP member $15.00 (must show your card), non members $20.00. For more information or to reserve your seat contact: Garry or Gayle Hahne at 870-339-2180.
• First Baptist Church, 200 N. Missouri St., West Memphis: AWANA starts Sept. 5 at 6 p.m.
• Marion Chamber Annual Awards Banquet – Thursday, Sept. 13 at 6:30 p.m. at Southland Park Gaming and Racing. Speaker Mike Preston, Executive Director Arkansas Economic Development Commission. Tickets $55 per person, available through Tracy Brick at 870-739-6041.
• Double Devil Feast – The West Memphis Athletic Booster Club will host its 30th annual Double Devil Feast on Friday, Sept. 14 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. in the West Memphis High School Cafeteria. The dinner consists of an 8 oz steak, baked potato, slaw, roll and drink. Eat in or carry out. Tickets are $10 and may be purchased by calling Carolyn Chrestman at 870-733-4259.
• 3rd Annual Education is the Key Fundraiser – Come join the men of the West Memphis-Marion (AR) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., as they host 'Donor Days.' This fundraiser is partnership between Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., and ASU Mid- South Foundation. 100% of the funds donated will go to support Student Activities. Donor Days will be held on Saturday, Sept. 15 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Walmart Neighborhood Market in Marion.
• Olive Branch Genealogy Club Meeting – Wednesday, Sept. 19 from 12 to 2 p.m. at B. J. Chain Library, 6619 Hwy. 305 N. (Cockrum Rd.), Olive Branch, Mississippi. Doughboy re-enactor Tim Pool will headup our World War I Centennial presentation. No dues and all in the Memphis metro area are welcome. Meetings on 3rd Wednesday except December. Call 662-895-4365 or find us on Facebook.
• Marion Chamber of Commerce 2nd Annual Hogs on the Square – Saturday, Sept. 29 kick-off time TBA. Bring your favorite tailgate set-up to the Courthouse Square and watch the Hogs vs. Texas A& M on a jumbo screen. Contact Tracy Brick at 870-739-6041 for more information.
• Free 50+ Expo – Saturday, Sept. 29 from 1 to 8 p.m. at Eugene Woods Civic Center, 212 W. Polk Ave., West Memphis. Enjoy fun, games, exercise, nutrition sessions and more! You will also be able to shop with a variety of vendors. Stop by and visit: Healthcare Officials and West Memphis Police Department. For information contact Tamara Hood at 870-6362418 or Alleyene Peters at 870-733-2404.
• Bethel AME Church Free Meals For All Children – After School at Risk Program through Sept. 30, 2019 at the locations listed: Bethel AME Church, 2403 E. Barton Supper (M-F) 3 p.m.; East Jr. High, 1151 Goodwin Supper (M-F) 3:30 p.m. and Snack (M-F) 4:30 p.m.; L.R. Jackson Elementary, 2395 SL Henry St. Supper (M-F) 3 p.m.; Maddux Elementary, 2100 E. Barton Ave. Supper (M-F) 3 p.m.; West Jr. High, 331 W. Barton Ave. Supper (M-F) 3:30 p.m.; West Memphis Housing, 4052 S.L. Henry-Unit 45 Supper (M-F) 3 p.m.; Wonder Elementary, 801 S. 16th St. Supper (M-F) 3 p.m.; and Wonder Jr. High, 1401 Madison Ave. Supper (M-F) 3:30 p.m. and Snack (M-F) 4:30 p.m. Tutoring Resources Available.
• Town of Edmondson Announcement