The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs
are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735- 1020 or by e- mail news@ theeveningtimes. com. Always include contact information.
will be hosted at East Arkansas Family Health Center located at 900 N. 7th Street in West Memphis on Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019.
Class time is from 12 noon to 4 p.m. The class is open to everyone age 21 and above. If you are an AARP member the price is $15.00 and you must bring your Red and White AARP Card. If you are not an AARP member, the cost is $20.00. A Certificate will be presented to all attendees at the end of the class to take back to their insurance companies for a discount. RSVP to Tamara Hood at 870-636- 2418.
• 4-H Clubs – Crittenden County 4-H Shooting Sports Club meets the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. 4-H Horse Club meets the first Thursday of each month at 4 p.m. at the County Extension Office, 116 Center St., Marion. The 4-H Pet Club meets the first Thursday of each month at the Double Tree Stables in West Memphis at 4 p.m.
Philadelphia Ministries SEEDS group meet Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
• Introduction to Gardening Class –
Crittenden County Community Gardens Covering the What, Why, When and How of gardening for those who have never grown anything. Focusing on edible gardening, low cost gardening, limited space gardening, no-till and chemical free and community gardens at Woolfolk Library in Marion on Saturday, Jan. 26 from 10 to 11 a.m. Register online on our Facebook page.
• DeltaARTS Trivia Challenge – Monday, Jan. 28 from 6 to 9 p.m. at Southland Park Gaming and Racing. To register your team (up to eight members) for the 2019 Trivia Challente contact Kelly Pouncey at 870-732-6260 or at email@example.com.
Entry fee is $600 ($300 for non-profits or groups of friends).
• 46th Annual Knights of Columbus Oyster Supper –
In memory of Frank Alpe and Rodney Russell, Wednesday, Feb. 6 from 4:30 until 8 p.m.
at V.F.W. Post, 5225 S.
Avalon, West Memphis.
Ticket price $35 per person.
For tickets call Tom Meyers at 901-849-6133.
• Fish Fry the Last Friday in each month –
VFW Post 5225, 406 S.
Avalon, West Memphis. Eat in or carry out.
• American Legion Post 53 – Fish fry 1st Friday of every month. Food served from 5-8 p.m. Karaoke every Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m.
Bingo Monday’s at 7 p.m., 150 Legion Road. 735-8803.
• Hope House Ministries Food Give-Away – The next food give away will be Feb.
8th. Appointments must have been made in advance.
• EACC presents the Platters, Original Cornell Gunter’s Coasters and the Drifters – Saturday, Feb. 23 at 7:30 p.m. Ticket packages available online at www.eacc.edu or by calling 870-633-4480, ext 352.
• Memphis Herb Society –
is now seeking applications for its 2019 Herban Renewal grant program. The herb society annually awards small grants to nonprofit organizations that plan to use herbs in beautification and educational projects. Recipients of the grants agree to make a presentation of their project at a meeting of the society.
Schools, libraries, churches, garden clubs etc. are encouraged to apply. To get an application, send an email requesting an application form tomhsherbanrenewal@gmail.
com. To be considered for a grant, completed applications must be received by March 5.
• Dunbar Creative Learning Center – Now Accepting New Applications “Infant and Toddler Program” Ages 6 weeks to 36 months, 320 Lee Street, Earle (behind the church). Open Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Drop-Ins Welcome. State Licensed, C.P.R. Certified. All meals included, experienced care givers. DCC/CCDF Voucher and Self Pay Accepted. For more information call Mrs.
Sharla Chase at 870-5145577.
• After School at Risk Program – Total Deliverance Cathedral Church is participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program. Meals will be provided at the following locations: Total Deliverance Cathedral Church, 400 Commerce St., Earle, supper M-F at 3:15/snacks at 4:15-5 p.m.
Saturday and days of no school from 12 until 1:15 p.m. New Bethel MB Church, 11 Swindle Rd, Earle, supper served every Wednesday from 7 p.m./snack at 7:45-8:15 p.m. Lion of the Tribe of Judah, 105 Sneed St., Marked Tree, supper from 7:45/snack 8:30-9:30 p.m. Every Sunday from 12 p.m./snacks at 1:15 p.m. Total Deliverance Cathedral Church, 131 Front St., Parkin, supper M-F after school at 4:15-5 p.m./snacks at 5-5:30 p.m. Whole Truth Church, 524 2nd St., Earle, supper served every Wednesday from 7:30-8:15 p.m./snacks 8:15-8:45 p.m.
• Commodity Distribution Program – The Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas conducts four to five commodity food distributions annually at 20 different sites in 11 counties. Key Food Bank staff, with the help of several local volunteers, set up a one-day food panty at advertised locations throughout the year.
Families or individuals are given this food free of charge, and eligibility is based on the household’s combined monthly income. To verify income eligibility contact our USDA coordinator Keith Livesay at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 870-932-3663.
• Purchase Birth & Death Certificates in Earle –
Crittenden County Health Department, 841 Ruth St., Earle. Office hours are the first Wednesday of the month and every Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Birth Certificates are $12 ($10 for each additional copy) and Death Certificates are $10 ($8 for each additional copy).
• American Legion Charity Bingo – Mondays at 7 p.m. at 150 Legion Rd. across from the speedway race track. If we have 35 people we will pay $100 per game. We will play old program. Early bird starts at 6:45. Call 870-7358803 after 4 p.m.
• Charity Bingo – At the VFW on South Avalon Friday and Saturday early games at 6:30 p.m., regular bingo at 7:30 p.m.
Food served at concession counter. $100 games, 4 jackpots and a winner take all. Free meal one Saturday of each month. For information call 735-9102.
• Steudlein Learning Center Accepting Applications – For the Arkansas Better Chance for School Success Program (ABC) The eligibility is based only on age, which is 3 on or before Aug. 1 and income.
Applications are available at the ABC Building at 1600 Avondale, West Memphis.
The hours of operation are 8 a.m. until 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• AARP Driver Safety Class –