08 August 2019
Sixty-two years since the Little Rock Nine made history

Sixty-two years since the Little Rock Nine made history

Central High School integration controversy made national headlines www.arkansashistory.com It has been more than half a century since the socal...
Text The Times.

Text The Times.

I was recently amused as I read a number of articles on “social influencers.” As a person who is not on social media, am I the last human to le...
What do Americans want?

What do Americans want?

This question is always relevant and politicians now in the heat of rhetoric war each believe they have the answer. Americans have wants and we ha...

When an aging loved one refuses care

When an aging loved one refuses care

This week I’m turning things over to Tim and Gina Murray. Tim and Gina are the co-founders of Aware Senior Care. It has been recognized over and ...
• Bethel AME Community  Grant Program —

• Bethel AME Community Grant Program —

The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by...
East Arkansas Fishing Report

East Arkansas Fishing Report

From the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission www.agfc.com (updated 8-3-2019) Professional fishing guide Ronnie Tice (901-687-6800) said Tu...

Application period begins for private-land permit dove hunts

Application period begins for private-land permit dove hunts

Deadline for hunters Aug. 15 Arkansas Game & Fish Commission LITTLE ROCK – Dove season is right around the corner marking the first statew...
Celebrate National Shooting Sports Month

Celebrate National Shooting Sports Month

Enjoy special discounts at the AGFC’s firing range From the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission www.agfc.com MAYFLOWER — The Dr. James E. ...
07 August 2019
OBITUARIES

OBITUARIES

As an expression of sympathy to the families of the victims who lost their lives in the recent tragedies in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, Roll...

Florida Mae Davis

Florida Mae Davis

Florida Mae Davis, 57, of West Memphis, died Friday, July 26, 2019, at Baptist Hospital East, Memphs. Ms. Davis was a cook by profession. Su...
Scroll Up