• Blessings of the Animals —
The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735-1020 or by e-mail [email protected] com. Always include contact information.
First United Methodist Church of West Memphis, 215 N. Missouri St., Sunday, Oct.
13, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., to celebrate the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi. The West Memphis Animal Shelter will be on hand to hold an Adoption Fair and accept donations for the shelter. Other activities include pet photos, a pet parade, prizes for “best dressed” pet, oldest pet, and crowd favorite.
Saturday, Oct. 12, from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Music, car show, Veterans parade, arts, craft and great food. Paw Patrol will be here this year in the children’s area, drawings for great prizes and also the silent auction will be back again. For more information contact any of the following committee members: Terri Watson at 901-262-4874, Corine Miller at 870-823-6000, Jo Zachary at 870-514-6143, Susan Marotti at 870-6365822, or Joe Marotti at 870514-0146.
• Blessings Through Faith Business Opportunity — If you have ever been interested in owning your own business, Pastor Lillian B. Hodges of Blessings Through Faith Ministries is hosting a special presentation in the East Arkansas Family Health Center at 2:30 p.m., on Monday, Oct.
7, for individuals 18-and-up.
For more information, call (870) 735-5077.
The Crittenden County Health Department will be having a mass flu clinic Tuesday, Oct. 8, from 8:30 a.m.
until 5:30 p.m., at the Marion First Baptist Church. Insured participants are asked to bring their insurance cards. For those individuals who do not have insurance coverage, there will be no charge.
• Mammogram Special — October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In observance of the effort to raise awareness, Oupatient Radiology Clinic of West Memphis will be having a mammogram special Oct. 7-18.
During these dates, screening mammograms will be $95.
Call (870) 735-5555 to make an appointment.
• Hope of the Delta Banquet — Hope of the Delta, a Christ-based, life-affirmining ministry that recently opened a new office in West Memphis and will be holding a fundraiser banquet, Tuesday, Oct. 15, at Wyatt’s cafe in Crawfordsville. Hope of the Delta is a free pregnancy center assisting men and women in crisis.
The minisry operates soley on donations from churches and individuals. Organizers encourage anyone interested in becoming involved in the ministry or attend the banquet to call 870-535-0811.
• Delta Artists Society Art Show — DAS is having their annual art show at the West Memphis Public Library. The artwork will be on display at the libary during regular library hours through Saturday, Oct. 19. The public is invited to attend and view the work
• ‘A Night of Hope, Faith & Courage’ — There will be a breast cancer awareness event and fundraiser for Stephenie Hamlet, who is currently fighting stage 4 metastatic breast cancer, on Saturday, Oct. 26, beginning at 5 p.m. at the L.R. Jackson Youth Activity Center, 405 South 25th St.
The event is called “A Night of Hope Faith and Courage: Celebrating Conquering Breast Cancer.” There will be vendors, as well as a speaker from Baptist Cancer Center.
Anone who would like to contact Hamlet can do so by calling 870-514-2427 or email at [email protected]
com Tickets are $5. There will be free food, local talent and information about breast caner. Proceeds will benefit Stephenie Hamlet in her cost for medical expenses.
• 40 & 8 Club — Steak night Wednesdays. Fish fry every third Friday of the month at 152 Legion Road, West Memphis. 735-0866.
• Families in Transition —
provides support groups for victims of domestic violence as well as teen dating violence. We also provide “Safe Dates” Adolescent Dating Abuse Prevention Curriculum to schools, youth groups and any organization focusing on youth ages 12 and up. If you are interested in attending a support group or participating in “Safe Dates”, please contact Nyya Denson at 870-732-4077. All services are provided free of charge through State and Federal funding.
• Global Academy USDA Food Program — Global Academy, Inc., located at 301 N. 7th St., in West Memphis, is participating in the USDA Food Program. Meals will be available at no charge or at a reduced rate to enrolled persons at the above location.
Eligibility is determined by income and household size.
For more infromation, call (870) 702-7530, or visit www. arkademia.org.