06 September 2021
[ Editor’s  Note: All my advice here fits into one word: Selfish.

[ Editor’s Note: All my advice here fits into one word: Selfish.

I get it, we’re past the point in this pandemic where it’s useful or sensible to judge each other’s behavior. But still, what do I do about the...
Watershed down… again

Watershed down… again

The poor water tower just can’t seem to catch a break. The only light not shining on East Broadway in West Memphis Wednesday night was (once a...
Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas observing Action Month

Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas observing Action Month

Campaign addresses 67,920 people facing hunger in Northeast Arkansas Food Bank of NE Arkansas Hunger Action Month Campaign Aims to Inspire the Pu...

Another Autumn…

Another Autumn…

It’s almost fall, y’all... It has been maxing out in the 80’s more often than the 90’s these days, which is OK by me. Don’t get me wro...
When family dysfunction disrupts in-home care

When family dysfunction disrupts in-home care

Even in the closest families, aging parents and the changes of a new life season can create discord. For some families struggling years before a p...
Remembering  Arkansas’ 9/11 victims

Remembering Arkansas’ 9/11 victims

With the 20th anniversary of 9/11 coming up, this column looks at the lives of the Arkansans who died that day and the Arkansas 9/11 Memorial in E...

BIBLE VERSE

BIBLE VERSE

“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But ...
On This Day in:

On This Day in:

1620 - The Pilgrims left on the Mayflower from Plymouth, England to settle in the New World. 1819 - Thomas Blanchard patented a machine called t...
Head north by northwest for late summer fishing success

Head north by northwest for late summer fishing success

Regional fishing reports show where they’re still biting late in the season Arkansas Wildlife Editor It’s getting late in the summer, and th...

Walleye, Bass Are Hungry in Greers Ferry

Walleye, Bass Are Hungry in Greers Ferry

Greers Ferry Lake fishing guide Tommy Cauley (pictured) got the honors to net a walleye caught by angler Chris Fischer recently on beautiful Greers...
Scroll Up