11 January 2021
Not a good look, Rick…

Not a good look, Rick…

If you’re like me, you probably watched the events of last Wednesday afternoon unfold on the TV screen or maybe your computer or phone. I honestl...
Swedish  Surprise

Swedish Surprise

My 2021 calendar is hanging from the closet door. Every year I've lived in this house, I've gotten a cloth calendar, hung from a dowel...
Understand and Defend  Optimism

Understand and Defend Optimism

Some say – 2020 was bad, 2021 looks worse. Perhaps. They call themselves realists. But let us not be defeatists. From fiery beginnings thro...

BIBLE VERSE

BIBLE VERSE

On This Day in: 1569 - England's first state lottery was held. 1770 - The first shipment of rhubarb was sent to the United States from Lond...
Trophy stripers being landed at Beaver Lake

Trophy stripers being landed at Beaver Lake

Regional reports from Northwest, Northeast Arkansas show fish are biting this winter Arkansas Wildlife Editor Carlin Stewart of Fayetteville (abo...

Longtime lawman remembered fondly after passing

Longtime lawman remembered fondly after passing

PARAGOULD — When John Purcell passed away on Dec. 28, he was remembered as a top-notch law officer. He served 26-1/2 years as an Arkansas State ...
Cornerstone Baptist  Church

Cornerstone Baptist Church

\ The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted via e- mail at news@ ...

Scroll Up